Sunday, December 4, 2011

6. Immigration

The immigration march I participated in San Diego in April 9, 2007

     An issue that has been of concern to my family and I for quite some time has been the controversy over immigration. This issue of amnesty for illegal aliens of other countries has distinct opinions over its subject, some state that immigrants should be allowed to cross over to our country and pursue the "American Dream", while others argue that all immigrants are a bad image for this nation and arrive here to do bad deeds and take the jobs of other United States citizens. However, I support the argument of allowing amnesty to those who come to this nation to provide an ameliorated life for themselves and their families for the reason that I have family that undergo this situation and I see the struggle they put upon themselves and how much better their life's would be if they had the convenience to begin a new life in this country that is considered a land of opportunities. A way that I have supported this cause would be by participating alongside my family in  a completely peaceful march that support the enforcement of an amnesty law in order to benefit immigrants in search of a better life, this march consisted of thousands of other people with the same beliefs as us and being in it made me feel powerful beyond any matter, proving to me that if you stand up for the beliefs you possess, then it can make an impact within your community. This experince has taught me that you should strive to accomplish the beliefs that you have regardless what others may counter-argue shaping me to become a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment