Sunday, December 4, 2011

3. Social Skills !



     An ability I have learned in school and integrated into my lifestyle are the social skills that are present during an Academic life. This skill has  facilitated my  interaction and communication with others without being an apprehensive person,and allowed me to out stand in any social situation I have encountered. Applying this skill into my non-academic life has had numerous benefits for myself; it has allowed to gain both personal and social relationships and  work well with groups, and empathize with others, also, it  has enabled me establish Communication Skills that are essential when dealing with Acquaintances because, being able to convey one's thoughts and ideas maybe the single most important skill in a social life. Furthermore, perhaps the largest accomplishment I have acquired from this skill learned in school has been my first job. During a job interview, social skills are essential to demonstrate your employer that you possess the ability to treat people in positive matter, besides, Most organizations are looking for individuals with a particular, tactical, skill set and the ability to influence people to get things done. Continually, most worthwhile jobs have a people component and the most lucrative positions often involve a large amount of time spent interacting with employees, media, colleagues, etc.  It's a rare individual who can isolate himself in his office and still excel in his or her job. Therefore, this social skill that I have learned in my academic life has allowed me to excel in my non-academic life and  I plan to integrate them into my future career.

No comments:

Post a Comment